Ready to empower parents and help them feel good about what they’re feeding their baby? Are you ready to be part of a growing team looking to create positive change in the world and contribute to a healthier planet?
Then, we want you!
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to join our team in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina!
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Company’s existing and planned research and development programs, business activities, and product candidates in the context of competitor activities, industry trends, best practices, laws, and regulations.
- Counsel the Company and the Board of Directors on legal, compliance, and governance matters.
- Oversee all aspects of the Company’s intellectual property.
- Working collaboratively with the internal team to proactively identify the protectable subject matter and draft patent applications.
- Manage the prosecution of the Company’s patent portfolio in collaboration with outside counsel.
- Understand the competitive landscape and conduct freedom to operate analyses as required.
- Counsel management and employees on intellectual property matters including providing IP-related education.
- Review intellectual property-related contract provisions in license and other agreements.
- Work with the leadership to establish the Company’s legal operations.
- Help establish a contract process.
- Review or draft certain agreements such as confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, and service agreements.
- Manage the legal services provided by outside law firms.
Qualifications & Preferred Experience
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Admission to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in a law firm and/or in-house setting
- Knowledge of the role of an IP strategy in life cycle management.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating legal agreements including NDAs, business transactions, and licensing agreements.
- Flexibility, willingness, and ability to take on diverse tasks.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, and/or biotechnology industry.
- Significant small and/or large molecule patent preparation and prosecution experience, including familiarity with US IP rules, regulations, and practices.
- Experience with strategic transactions and partnerships, including equity/debt financing matters and commercialization of products and IP.
- Familiarity with regulatory frameworks and rulemaking.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a natural leader
- You are a Jack-of-all-trades that can take on many tasks outside of your wheelhouse and you are not afraid to learn in public with the team.
- With an EQ & DQ that would make Brené Brown proud, your culture-building skills can’t be beaten. You strive to set cultural standards of inclusivity, honesty, bravery, authenticity, & consciousness of others.
- You listen just as well as you contribute. Compassion and curiosity for your teammate’s projects and our consumers will serve you well.
- You are a clear communicator with a knack for delivery for the audience. You can express yourself perfectly one-on-one as well as in a large hall. You cut through the jargon to true content and meaning.
You love tackling challenging problems with a team
- You believe in our mission of working towards better human health and sustainability
- As a conscientious teammate, you're curious to learn from co-workers and share your personal passions.
- You enjoy working collaboratively with a broad and diverse team and stepping outside of your comfort zone.
- You're naturally inclined to think critically and creatively to work through murky problems with limited resources.
- Ambiguity is your jam and you're able to strive ahead without direction.
- You hold yourself and others to the utmost ethical standards in all scientific and professional endeavors.
What You’ll Get in Return
The Company offers a generous benefits package along with competitive compensation.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% Company match
- Flexible holiday and vacation time
- Industry-leading parental and caregiver leave
- Social events - we like to have fun